30 Effortlessly Chic Medium Length Hairstyles for Women Over 50
Here we are talking about medium length hairstyles for women over 50 that are becoming more and more popular. Shorter locks are super chic and easy to maintain. However, this does not mean that you have to cut your hair short and pixies are your only option.
If you want to wear your hair in a style that flatters your face, hides a receding hairline, masks facial lines and gives you effortless beauty, consider medium haircuts. Another plus is that medium length haircuts for women over 50 come in a variety of styles and options and look mesmerizing in most hair colors.
Read on to get ideas for attractive medium haircuts and hairstyles before heading to your stylist. Whether you like your hair relaxed or fancy, there’s something for you in our collection. Just look.
1. Layered and blown out medium length haircut. There’s a reason medium length haircuts are so popular for older women. One is the ease of styling and maintenance. Add to that the fact that medium hair looks beautifully straightened, curled and in updos. Plus, layering and a good blowout easily add volume to medium hair. This is more difficult on longer locks.
2. Wavy Medium Hairstyle with Dark Roots. A shoulder-length lob with soft, loose waves offers you a sophisticated and elegant look. Highlighting your hair helps perfect it. Dab on your favorite lipstick for the feminine finishing touch.
3. Messy Mid-Length Haircut. A picture-perfect mid-length haircut with bangs like this gives you a classy, fashionable feel with less styling stress and low maintenance. The shine of the golden blonde hair color with reddish undertones will add extra appeal to your tresses.
4. Medium hair with gray highlights and lowlights. Have you heard about the wondrous youthful medium length hairstyles for women over 50? You are not a myth! This picture is proof that your hairstyle can add or take away years from your look. Here, an inverted bob hairstyle proves that it is just the youthful hairstyle you need to look younger.
5. Classy medium length hairstyle with face framing. Chic and classy is an attitude. Loose waves of shiny hair in an exquisite shade of blonde are sure to speak class. The gracefully composed vibes of this hairstyle make it a suitable medium length hairstyle for older women who love to look fabulous.
6. Medium Length Shag Hairstyle. Medium haircuts for women over 50 don’t have to be matronly. You can style your hair in a trendy shag to revitalize your youthfulness. How about some playful vibes in your look?
7. Medium haircut with feathered layers. Lob haircuts are more than appropriate for middle-aged women! Use flips and layers to add a personal touch to your medium locks. Long layered curtain bangs are a perfect complement to it.
8. Side bangs with a shoulder length haircut. An ideal hairstyle for older ladies should be fashionable, face-framing and uncomplicated. Leave some hair around your face like bangs, face framing, etc. to hide anything you don’t want to see.
9. Gray Medium Length Bob Hairstyle. For older women, cute coin highlights in a mild shade that compliments the rest of your hair color would give your hairline an illusion of thickness and add some panache to your shoulder-length haircut.
10. Chic mullet-like medium length hairstyle. Do you want to be chic and trendy? A gorgeous long mullet haircut with bangs is a great idea. Long swoopy bangs and stunning blonde highlights make this style a hit among popular medium length haircuts for older women.
11. Medium straight hair with bangs. One thing we love about bangs is that they add to your beauty while obscuring wrinkles and a big forehead (if necessary). No wonder they often top the charts for the most popular hairstyles for older women these days.
12. Medium length edgy salt and pepper hairstyle. A little “edgy” never hurts. Your hairstylist can tweak your highlights here and there to add a cheeky touch to your hairstyle. The silver highlights framing the face added a mesmerizing touch to her hair.
13. Medium length hairstyle for women with glasses. This is a fantastic haircut idea for older women who wear glasses. The face frame locks hide the corners of your glass frames, softening the look and adding a touch of chic playfulness.
14. Casual Choppy Medium Length Hairstyle. Choppy and chunky cuts add volume to your hair. If you have a fair complexion, try giving a darker shade in lowlights or shadow roots to prevent your face from looking washed out.
15. Piece-y Medium Haircut with Thinned Out Ends. These piecey streaks of golden curls are amazing. Your barber knows what to do with fine hair. The feathered ends look so good.
16. Sleek Mid-Length Haircut. If you’re over 50 and your mane is still gorgeous and thick ma’am, you have every reason to flaunt it. Recreating this super pretty mid-length haircut with crimped ends is sure to get just the right amount of attention.
17. Curly Shoulder Length Hairstyle. Curly ladies are not left out. Shortening the length of your curly hair to stop it around your neck will make your tresses bouncier, fuller and livelier.
18. Gray purple shoulder length haircut. To make thin hair look its best in a medium haircut, try leaving your roots a little darker than the rest of your hair. You can also add a bit of color like ash, silver, or even purple. It also helps to layer the hair towards the ends.
19. Silver Gray Medium Hairstyle with Curls. A collarbone haircut will make you look as pretty as ever. Brush your hair to the side to make it look more stylish and to conceal a thinning hairline. Such a haircut is a perfect option not only for women who are looking for haircuts over 50, but also for women over 70 and over 80.
20. Medium hair with a center parting and highlights. Parting your mid-length haircut down the middle or slightly off-center will give you fringes that will reduce any chubby and make your face look less round. Highlights add youthfulness to the face.
21. Side parted shoulder length bob with glasses. bangs are cute Side bangs are the cutest. In a medium haircut, side bangs catapult the beauty of your haircut up a few notches. Don’t you have bangs? Then fake it with one of the strands of hair by flipping your center-parted hair to one side!
22. Layered Medium Length Hairstyle for Seniors. Layered and feathered to perfection. This medium hairstyle for women over 50 offers both glamor and convenience. Easy to style, fashionable and easy to care for.
23. Medium Length Hairstyle with Curtain Bangs. Curtain bangs offer that cute peekaboo effect that will highlight your beautiful features while masking any tell-tale signs of aging.
24. Center parted gray medium length hair. Long fringes framing the face add more allure to your haircut and draw attention to your eyes. You can even use them to hide a double chin.
25. Blonde Medium Hairstyle for Thick Hair. The two-tiered cut with a mix of feathered and blunt ends adds an intriguing twist to this radiantly thick hair.
26. Beachy waves on medium length hair. With mild beachy waves that remind you of waves in a lake on a calm evening, this shoulder-length hairstyle is sure to be stunning. The streaked brown lowlights and blonde highlights add to the mesmerizing feel of this hairstyle.
27. Gray medium length hairstyle for women over 50. Go with the flow, embrace the power of nature and try a gray blonde balayage that complements your natural gray tones. Ice blonde hair looks fabulous on older women.
28. Warm blonde layered medium length haircut. Cut several layers into your hair and part it in the middle, then backcomb your hair at the parting to elongate the shape of your face. A great beauty hack for women with thicker face shapes.
29. Champagne blonde medium length hair. Need fresh medium length haircut ideas for women over 60? Get the effortlessly chic and elegant look of Beverly Hills’ top celebrity women. The side part frames the face nicely and is super flattering on most face shapes.
30. Bedhead Medium Length Hairstyle. It looks tousled but not overly messy, just the right kind of headpiece to make you look cool and fashionable. Long curtain bangs like these add dimension and drama to your hairstyle. Another plus point is the low maintenance requirements.
Now that you have a good idea of what your selection of medium length hairstyles for women over 50 can look like, it’s time to make an appointment with your hairstylist. Found what you needed? Share in the comments below!
Leave a Comment