30 Wolf Cut Curly Hair Pictures to Find Your Insta-Worthy Look
Is wolf cut curly hair trendy? Can you get a wolf haircut with curly hair of different curl types? Do you opt for a short cut or do you leave your locks long? We’ve got a bunch of fresh photos from Instagram pages of popular hairstylists to answer these questions and explain how you can get on board with the trend.
Spoiler: the wolf cut is hot in 2023, and all types of curls love it!
1. Curly wolf cut with bangs and tendrils. This edgy cut cheerfully combines tight and bouncy ringlets with loose curls sticking out all around the perimeter to add a voluminous halo to the look.
2. Beach-y Curly Wolf Cut for thick hair. Although made on thick hair, this beautiful shag definitely feels airy and summer ready with both fluff and highlights incorporated into the style.
3. Voluminous Curly Hair Wolf Cut. This head of hair filled with large curls may look voluminous and shapeless, but the cut gives the required structure to the locks.
4. Flamingo-Inspired Choppy Curly Wolf Cut. Never mind the dazzling coral hue, these messy loose waves ooze texture and movement, which is exactly what fine hair usually lacks.
5. Multicolored wolf cut for short curly hair. What’s cooler than adding pops of color to playful voluminous curls? Infusing them with a whole range of pastel shades, of course!
6. Neat Wolf cut on curly hair with highlights. Here’s a neater version of the shag, which is still beautifully layered but has bigger and smoother curls with caramel-colored highlights that emphasize the pattern.
7. Wispy wolf cut with curly hair. This girl opted for a messier alternative with a loose texture and little gold streaks scattered across the curls to illuminate them from within.
8. Tapered wolf cut for curly hair. Masterfully placed layers in this wolf cut allow the large curls to gently hug the face, retaining much of their volume, but with some flattering elongation at the bottom.
9. Medium curly wolf cut with facial highlights. This adorable hairstyle wins our praise for both the bouncy feel of the curls and the attention-grabbing honey-blonde locks around the face.
10. Crossover Mullet Wolf Cut for curly hair. Even though the roughness prevents this style from being ‘business in the front’, it clearly reminds us of the muletrage of the 1980s.
11. Volume-enhancing wolf cut in curly hair. This simple medium brown style features short choppy layers that remove extra volume from the thick locks to better lift the curls in the front.
12. Curly wavy wolf cut in muted brown. While layering gives this mane a nice shape and releases the bounce from the curls, it can’t go unnoticed how seamlessly the curtain bangs merge with the side locks to accentuate the face.
13. Frizzy Shoulder Length Curly Wolf Cut. One of the best things about a wolf cut is that frizz is part of the texture play it encourages, so you don’t have to worry about your disheveled look.
14. Ginger Brown Wolf Cut with Close Bangs. These wolf-cut curly hair before and after photos clearly show how the dense curly bangs draw attention to the eyes while the side layers accentuate the cheekbones.
15. Curly Shag with Striking Micro Bangs. If you don’t know how to style wolf-cut curly hair with bangs, go for a bold micro fringe like this one and tame it in an instant with a frizz-control oil.
16. Golden Blonde Curly Wolf Cut with Full Bangs. Bangs and shags are meant to work great together, as their combination helps strike a perfect balance between the amount of hair and the proportion of attention the face should receive.
17. Evenly rounded curly shag. While the classic mullet is cropped short on the sides and has longer hair on the bottom, the modern shag can be modified to flatter any woman, for example with stacks of layers that form a rounded shape.
18. The 70s Rock Star Curly Mullet. Don’t even hesitate to get your curly hair cut by a wolf if you want to own the rock ‘n’ roll vibes of many stars from David Bowie to Rihanna.
19. Effortless Curly Wolf Cut with Curtain Bangs. If your hair is more on the wavy side, a set of trendy curtain bangs parted in the middle and touching the brows will go well with your shag.
20. Soft Long Curly Wolf Cut. Is a wolf cut good for curly hair with a softer texture? This shag proves that even long locks keep their pattern and overall haircut structure thanks to proper layering.
21. Half-length wolf cut with bangs and glasses. Full bangs and big glasses can easily overwhelm a face, which isn’t the case with this mullet that tones down the volume on the sides to shift the focus to bone structure.
22. Copper wolf carved with long tails. Here we can see how the power of a good cut balances the wide face shape by adding a nice extension towards the bottom.
23. Curly Wolf Cut with Amazing Face Framing. This girl has elevated her curtain bangs with a fashionable retro flip and ensures that her face gets the attention it deserves thanks to the gold accents in the side layers.
24. Thin curled wolf cut with shadow roots. This ethereal style makes the most of the volumizing power of shags, but also gains some depth with the dark roots bursting through the blonde.
25. Badass Shag with nice undercut. It’s a cool idea to combine a curled texture with a sharply defined undercut and create extra interest with a rather unexpected asymmetry.
26. Shag below the shoulders with fringe graduation. While shags look great with short and blunt bangs, longer bangs with graduations towards the temples make for a smoother transition to layers that frame the face.
27. Chocolate brown wolf cut for thick curls. This side view shows how the shorter layers on the sides form exactly the structure that brings out these voluminous curls.
28. Wolf cut with raised crown. While wolf cuts are usually cut shorter at the crown, you can enjoy as much volume as you need to flatter your face shape.
29. No Bangs Auburn Wolf Cut for curly hair. This girl prefers to wear her fresh hairstyle in the middle with no bangs covering her forehead, which only confirms the versatility of shag cuts.
30. Vibrant orange to yellow curls. The playful nature of both frizz and curls encourages bold experimentation with color, and this fun color scheme can serve as great inspiration.
So, does a wolf cut look good on curly hair? Absolutely, and what’s more, this modern shag works for many types of curls. Find a stylist who is skilled at handling curls and try wolf cut curly hair with one of our inspiring photos.
Leave a Comment