This grill rock steak recipe is tender and tasty. This steak can be cooked on a grill outdoors or indoors on the stove. Top with Easy Chimichurri Sauce for the perfect combination!
Let your grills heat up, because it's time to cook some meat! This barbecue steak recipe with Easy Chimichurri sauce is perfect for barbecues and enjoying with friends and family throughout the summer. The marinade for this recipe contains a ton of aroma and goes well with the char of the meat from the hot grill. Use this meat for tacos, fajitas, meal preparation or just enjoy it with a rice or vegetable garnish. Never grilled a rock steak? No problem! I have lots of tips and tricks as well as alternative options for the perfect result. I hope you and your whole family enjoy this hearty grilled steak at your next summer BBQ, party or family celebration. Enjoy!
What do you need to prepare a grilled rock steak?
The kitchen utensils you need for this rock steak recipe are:
- A barbecue: gas or charcoal
- A zip-lock bag or a large bowl for the marinade
- A good sharp knife and a cutting board
- Measuring cup and / or spoon
The ingredients you need for this grilled rock steak recipe are:
- Rock steak (See frequently asked questions about cut options)
- soy sauce
- orange juice
- olive oil
- Chimichurri sauce for serving
How do you make grilled rock steak?
Tips for grilling the best rock steak
Okay, when I started, I'll say that rock steak can be a bit difficult to grill. It can very easily come to a tough catastrophe that nobody wants. Here are some tips to help me get that nice tender rock steak, a good burn and a super yummy taste. If you still want to make this grilled rock steak recipe, but do not sell it for the piece of meat, look at the following alternative options.
- Get your grill super hot. When I say hot, I mean over 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Rock steak is thin and you can overcook it easily before you get a good sear. You should only have to cook your steak on each side with the hot grill for 3 minutes. It is also very helpful to have a meat thermometer on hand to reach the cook you want without having to guess.
- Marinate the steak and let it rest. The marinade for this recipe gives the steak so much flavor and helps to keep the meat tender while cooking. Trust me, let it marinate as long as possible. As important as the marinade is the rest period. It is crucial to let the meat rest, especially the steak. As a result, the steak retains its juiciness when sliced, resulting in a more delicate and aromatic bite.
- Choose good meat. Try talking to a local butcher, or go to the meat counter in your grocery store and ask for a good cut rather than just taking one off the shelf. In this way you have more control over the purchased meat and almost always get a better meat cut.
- Cut the steak properly. Be sure to cut your rock steak against the grain. Please, do not hack everything after all your hard work.
General Grilled Rock Steak Recipe Questions
Can I use another piece of meat instead of a rock steak?
Yes, you can also use another piece of steak. The marinade and sauce for this grilled rock steak recipe go perfectly with any style, but the texture and cooking times vary depending on the cut. Some options are beef tenderloin, rib-eye, porterhouse, ect.
Is the marinade time needed for the rock steak recipe?
Yes, you must marinate the rock steak for the taste to develop. The minimum marinating time for this steak is 30 minutes. The longer the better.
Can I make this grilled steak recipe in advance?
Yes, you can also take the Rocksteak Marinade overnight and have a barbecue the next day.
Can I use a different sauce besides Chimichurri?
Of course, you can also use a different sauce. You can use a traditional basil pesto sauce, a steak sauce like A1 or another favorite. Just keep in mind that the marinade and the taste of the steak may not work well with ketchup, but you do!
How long does the leftover rock steak stay fresh?
With airtight storage in the fridge, the grilled rock steak will last up to 4 days. To warm the steak either in the oven, in a pan on the stove or in the microwave to warm.
Can I freeze this steak recipe?
Yes, you can put the uncooked steak with the marinade in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. When you're ready to cook the meat, take it out of the freezer and put it in the fridge to completely thaw the rock steak. Then grill it according to the instructions of the recipe.
Do you love meat dishes? Try this next!
Crockpot Pork Carnitas Tacos
Grilled chicken piedini with lemon butter sauce
Crockpot Beef Short Ribs
Healthy baked fish tacos
Grilled chicken burger with garlic aioli
I hope you and your family enjoy this grill rock steak recipe on a nice warm summer evening! Enjoy!
Share with your friends and family!