This post is sponsored by Mission Foods, all opinions are my own.
Food is served! These delicious and healthy chicken wraps are super easy to prepare and ready in just 20 minutes! Bonus, these wraps save a lot and are perfect for a lunch during the work week.
I am obsessed with wrap-around recipes for my family, both for preparing meals and for simple weekday dinners. These Mission® Protein Tortilla Wraps make family meals child's play and are filled with vegetable protein that contributes to a more balanced diet. I loved creating this recipe for healthy chicken salad wrap and using fresh, healthy ingredients that will appeal to both children and adults.
As a busy mother, I always try to find great meals that come together quickly, are high in protein and fiber, low in carbohydrates and tasteless. These chicken wraps are a perfect match for your taste and can be put together in just 20 minutes, making dinner with the family even easier. As an added bonus, Mission® Protein Tortilla Wraps get their protein power from plants that are suitable for vegetarians as well as for meat eaters. I hope you and your family love these simple and healthy chicken wraps!
What you need to make a chicken wrap
The kitchen utensils you need to make a chicken wrap are:
- A big pan This is for cooking your chicken and toasting your chicken salad wraps. I prefer it cold, but you can roast it if you want. To save time, you can also cook your chicken in advance or use a roast chicken bought in the store.
- A big bowl Just to mix the ingredients for the chicken wrap. Just make sure it's big enough to throw the salad, otherwise some ingredients could go overboard.
- A sharp knife and cutting board This is for slicing cooked chicken and other fresh ingredients. A vegetable knife or chef's knife works perfectly.
- Measuring cup and spoon
- Salad spun utensils (optional) – You can use the utensils you prefer. Make sure that all ingredients are well distributed, so that your healthy chicken salad wraps each contain a good mix.
- A sieve (optional) – This is to wash your fresh green. You can use a salad spinner or your preferred method of cleaning fresh vegetables.
The ingredients for this chicken salad wrap recipe are:
- A big apple Everyone will, but my favorite apple variety in this healthy chicken wrap is Fuji.
- Fresh tangerine I recommend to use fresh and not canned for this chicken wrap recipe. If you use cans, it will give more liquid and make the chicken wrap slightly moist.
- Planed almonds You could use a different variety, but like pecans or walnuts if you do not like almonds. Make sure they are chopped or sliced so they do not overload the chicken wraps.
- goat cheese
- Green- I used a mix of fresh spinach and spring mix. You can use this combination or other fresh herbs like kale, iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce.
- Chicken breast- I recommend using thin chicken breast slices for this recipe for chicken wraps so the chicken does not take too long to cook.
- Honey Dijon vinaigrette dressing- I love my homemade version (it's so easy and delicious), but if you want, you can use a store-bought dressing for these healthy chicken wraps.
- Mission® Protein Tortilla Wraps The nutrition of my family with healthy foods that help to balance our diet is very important to me. In addition, my son is quite picky, so I'm always looking for foods that have a healthy punch. The Mission® Protein Tortilla Wraps contain a lot of fiber, are a great source of protein and taste great! These perfectly complement the chicken wrap filling and I love them for my family
How to make a high protein pack at home
When choosing your chicken breast for this recipe, make sure they're big guys. Otherwise, it takes a while to finish. I suggest using smaller / thinner chicken breasts to save cooking time and bring these healthy wraps to the table faster. If you only find large and responsible chicken breast fillets, you can halve them to make them thinner. If you're really trying to save time, you can use fried chicken breast for these healthy chicken wraps and skip chicken preparation and cooking altogether.
Do you love simple and tasty recipes? Try this next!
Vegetarian frozen burritos
Healthy vegetarian quesadillas
Baked coconut encrusted fish tacos
15 minutes Simple Margherita Pizza
Leftover chicken wraps recipe instructions
Recipes that can save a lot of money and enjoy lunch during the week have a special place in my heart. These healthy chicken wraps can be refrigerated for up to 4 days in an airtight container. When done, you can heat the wrap in the microwave until it's warm, on a grill pan, or enjoy cold! Personally, I love to eat these healthy chicken wraps cold and not to warm them up. This makes this recipe perfect for preparing meals for your work week or sending the child's lunch box for a healthy protein lunch.
Dinner can be very stressful at times. I hope you and your family love these healthy chicken wraps and it makes your family dinner easy and stress free!
Thank you for sharing this recipe!
This is a sponsored post I wrote on behalf of Mission Foods.